CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
The Centre for Parliamentary Studies and Law Reforms at the National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi, welcomes submissions for the first volume of the Constitutional Studies Review (CSR).
The Constitutional Studies Review (CSR) is a student-edited, double-blind peer-reviewed, open-access journal that aims to promote discourse on Indian and comparative constitutional law, constitutional theory and comparative politics while engaging with contemporary issues that shape these fields.
Academics, legal practitioners, researchers, students, professionals and scholars from the field of constitutional law and politics may submit original, unpublished articles for consideration.
Contributions are invited for the following categories:
Submissions should approach the chosen theme or idea in a novel manner, while comprehensively engaging with existing scholarship on the subject. Articles should not be more than 8000 words in length. The subject of the article may either be a contemporary issue of legal significance, or a theoretical exposition.
An essay may either be a concise treatment of a specific issue or theme within a wider subject or the argument of a premise. The essay should be between 1000 – 5000 words in length.
Case Notes and Legislative Comments
Analyses of judicial pronouncements and legislations may be submitted under this category. The note/comment should not be more than 2000 words in length.
Reviews of recent publications in the subject-areas of the Review may be submitted. Reviews may be between 1000 – 2000 words long.
All word limits are exclusive of footnotes.
The body of the manuscript may be in Garamond, font size 12 with double line-spacing. The footnotes should be in Garamond, font size 10 with single line-spacing.
The manuscript should contain only footnotes (and not endnotes) as a method of citation. Citations must conform to the Oxford University Standard for the Citation of Legal Authorities (Fourth Edition) style of citation (OSCOLA).
- All submissions are to be made only in electronic form (.doc or .docx format) and must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 15th March, 2019 (Friday).
- All manuscripts must be accompanied by:
A covering letter with the name(s) of the author(s), institution/affiliation, the title of the manuscript and contact information (email, phone, etc.).
An abstract of not more than 150 words describing the submission. No abstract is necessary for Reviews.
- The manuscript should not contain words or marks that identify the work as being that of the Author(s), or of his/her/their institutional affiliation.
- By submitting an article the author(s) undertake that the article is an original work and has not been submitted, accepted or published elsewhere.
- Plagiarism will result in summary rejection of the submission.
- A minimum period of one month from the final date for submission of articles is reserved before the communication of acceptance is made to the author. Authors may make a request for expedited review under special circumstances. It shall be within the discretion of the Editorial Board to grant an expedited review.
- Receipt of submission will be intimated to the authors within one week of submission.
- Co-authorship is permitted.
In case of any query, please contact email@example.com