III JRAAS Conference
CALL FOR PAPERS
The JRAAS team is pleased to announce the third JRAAS Conference New Perspectives, which aims to give students and young researchers the opportunity to present papers on subjects connected to Anglo-American studies. We offer a platform where new ideas can be shared and discussed openly, in order to lay the foundations for an engaged dialogue between the next generation of scholars.
The III JRAAS Conference New Perspectives will take place at the Faculty of Arts and Humanities of the University of Porto, Portugal, on the 16th and 17th of May 2019.
Anyone interested might find guidance in the following (not restrictive) list of topics, based on the academic focus of our research center and team:
• American, English, Anglo-Portuguese and Irish Cultural Studies
• English, American, and Irish Literatures
• Philosophy and Literature
• Linguistics, including Teaching and Translation
• Utopian Studies
• Food Studies
• Film, Theatre, and Performance Studies
• Postcolonial, Feminist, and Queer Theories
• Digital Humanities
We invite you to send a 250 words proposal, in form of a word document, to firstname.lastname@example.org until the 31st of March 2019. The proposals should be for 20-minute presentations - preferably in English, although Portuguese may also be considered upon deliberation. A short bio-note should be included (150 words at max.).
• Michelle O’Connel (University College Dublin)
• Rui Carvalho Homem (University of Porto)
(Extended)Deadline for submissions: March 31st, 2019.
Confirmation of acceptance: April 20th, 2019.
Conference: May 16th and 17th 2019
For any queries, please e-mail us at email@example.com with the subject heading ‘III JRAAS Conference: New Perspectives’
JRAAS Porto Team