Call for Chapters: Reconstructing & Adapting Fragmentary Greek Tragedy
This call is to solicit chapter proposals for a new edited volume called Reconstructing & Adapting Fragmentary Greek Tragedy which builds on the academic workshop of the same name, organised by Andriana Domouzi in summer 2018 at Royal Holloway, University of London. Classicists, theatre studies scholars and theatre practitioners are invited to submit abstracts for essays of 5.000-7000 words.
Confirmed contributors include Timberlake Wertenbaker (University of East Anglia), Patrick Finglass (University of Bristol), Adam Roberts (Royal Holloway, University of London), David Stuttard (Actors of Dionysus), Martin Wylde (Royal Central School of Speech & Drama, University of London). Feel free to share this call with potentially interested researchers and practitioners in your network.
Potential topics include but are not limited to the following:
· Scholarly reconstructions of fragmentary tragedies
· Transmission of fragmentary tragedies
· Recent (papyri) findings and new research on lost tragedies
· Themes/topics otherwise unknown from surviving tragedy
· New writing based on/inspired by fragmentary tragedies (methodologies and challenges)
· Postdramatic performances
· Analysis/evaluation of productions based on fragmentary tragedies
· Reception of fragmentary tragedies
· Collaborations between classicists and theatre practitioners
· Fragmentation theory - aesthetics
PROVISIONAL DEADLINES & SCHEDULE
· Title, abstract (250-300 words), contact information (name, email address and institutional affiliation) and short bio submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org: by 30 April 2019
i. submissions must represent previously unpublished work and must not be under simultaneous consideration elsewhere
ii. acceptance of a proposed abstract does not guarantee the acceptance of the full chapter into the completed volume
· Response from editor and, if successful, invitation to submit contribution: by 20 May 2019
· If contracted, 1st Draft due: by 15 October 2019
· Feedback: by 15 November 2019
· 2nd Draft: by 16 February 2020
Please send any queries to Dr. Andriana Domouzi email@example.com .
Dr. Andriana Domouzi