CleanUp 2019 – the 8th International Contaminated Site Remediation Conference incorporating the 2nd International PFAS Conference
The global forum for all aspects of contaminated site assessment, management and remediation, including the latest on PFAS.
With outstanding scientific and educational programs across the two conferences, the program blends research and industry best practice, drawing on experience from Australian and international markets. More than 700 delegates are expected to converge on the Adelaide Convention Centre, coming from all relevant areas of government, research and industry.
This highly respected, not-to-be-missed conference is an excellent opportunity to share expertise and make connections.
Prospective authors/presenters are invited to submit original works that contribute to the theory or practice of remediation, including the proposal of new methodologies, new research directions and new approaches or schemes for current existing issues.
Abstract template and guidelines are available at http://adelaide2019.cleanupconference.com/abstract-submission/
The text must be justified, single-spaced 11 point Arial font throughout, unless specified (headings, tables etc. – see template). Body text headings are as per the template (all are Arial font, 12 point: first-level caps and bold; second-level bold; third-level italic. Uppercase usage outlined in template). The text must fit, in its entirety, on two (2) standard A4 pages with 2.5cm margins on all sides. Longer abstracts will not be accepted.
Themes for CleanUp 2019
- Contaminants in the soil and water including fate and transport
- Non-metal contaminants
- Metal contaminants
- Organic contaminants
- Recent advances in site characterisation
- Analytical aspects of assessment and remediation of contaminants
- Approaches to prevention of contamination
- Asbestos: policy considerations, assessment, risk characterisation and remediation
- Assessment (characterisation), remediation and management of volatiles compounds
- Case studies including bottlenecks for remediation
- Chlorinated hydrocarbon contaminated site assessment, remediation and long term management
- Contamination from chemical weapons and unexploded ordinances
- Dealing with mixed contamination
- Per- and poly-fluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) assessment, remediation and management
- Emerging contaminants other than PFAS
- Fractured rocks- characterization and remediation
- Innovative in-situ and ex-situ remediation technologies
- In-situ chemical oxidation
- Electrokinetic remediation
- Using Horizontal drilling in remediation
- Treatment trains
- Landfill evaluation, capping and gas management
- Issues in the disposal of industrial and urban wastes
- Green approaches to managing wastes
- Methane effect on environment and detection technologies
- Petroleum hydrocarbon contaminated site assessment, remediation and management
- Sediments assessment and remediation
- Environmental molecular diagnostics
- Legal responses to the problem of site contamination
- Adverse impacts of agriculture on soil, water and food quality
- Sources, potential adverse effects and remediation of agricultural soil contaminants
- Listen and learn: Developing effective communication strategies to deal with communities affected by contaminated sites
Terms & conditions
Please note: Presenters will be required to fund their travel, accommodation and registration costs. At least one author per paper must register and pay for the Conference on or before Monday, 12 August 2019. Papers with no registered author may be WITHDRAWN.