The Feminine: Roles of Gender and Sexuality in Band Music from it's Beginnings to the Present (MIRADAS EN FEMENINO Roles de género y sexualidad en las bandas de música desde sus orígenes hasta la actualidad)
Biblioteca Histórica Marqués de Valdecilla, Madrid
Event: MIRADAS EN FEMENINO Roles de género y sexualidad en las bandas de música desde sus orígenes hasta la actualidad
Proposals should address one of the following topics:
- Methodologies, historiographical problems and sources for the study of women in music bands.
- The roles of women in music bands: directors, composers and performers.
- Construction of the genre through interpretative performance. Asexualization versus hypersexualization. Educational and aesthetic canons.
- Conventions on the musical practice and the bands around the genre.
- Women's Empowerment through music bands: unions, organizations and other social agents.
- Representation of the feminine imaginary in the bands of music in the audiovisual.
- Representation of the female imaginary in the music bands in the musical iconography.
- Bands of women and feminist theory: construction of repertoires, imaginaries and political claim of public space.
- Bands of music and the queer theory: reinterpretation of gender and sexuality.
- Bands of music, ethnic group and woman.
Proposals must include:
- Title and summary (ca. 200 words).
- Institutional affiliation.
- Audiovisual media required
They will be sent as an attachment (.doc) to:
- Deadline for the submission of proposals: May 5, 2019.
- Deadline for the notification of accepted proposals: May 13, 2019.
- Official languages ??of the day: Spanish, English and Portuguese.
elsa CALERO CARRAMOLINO