Call for Book Chapters
Organization: IGI Global
Call for Chapters
Proposals Submission Deadline: June 14, 2019
Full Chapters Due: July 28, 2019
Submission Date: November 5, 2019
Since biologists need critical keys to interpret the encoded information being locked in vast genomic structures and to identify interesting biological features at a reasonable time, bioinformatics has arisen in order to tackle this challenge. Bioinformatics uses computational approaches to answer biological questions. It can assist the biologists to uncover new and correct knowledge from a large amount of data in molecular biology in a much faster pace. The increased automation in biological research has tremendously helped biologists to store, analyze and interpret huge volumes of data, such data coming in the form of genomes, protein sequences, and DNA-microarray gene-expression. The potential of clinical approaches is tremendous, for example, monitoring gene expression levels in different developmental stages, tissue types, clinical conditions, and different organisms can help in our understanding of gene function, assist in the diagnosis of disease conditions, and reveal the effects of medical treatments.
This book will aim to provide relevant frameworks and the latest empirical research findings in the area of the computational diagnosis of diseases. It will be written for biologists who need the use of computational approaches that can potentially reveal previously unknown relationships and thus answer biological questions and reach valid conclusions. However, with the growth of genomic datasets, it has become important to develop techniques being fast and accurate in order to quickly extract meaningful insight that a biologist can take advantage of.
Since this book will use computational approaches to answer clinical questions, the target audience of this book will be composed of professionals and researchers working in the field of bioinformatics methods and computational approaches for disease diagnosis.
• Computational diagnosis of diseases
• Methods in molecular biology for diseases diagnosis
• Computational approaches in diseases diagnosis
• Bioinformatics methods in diseases diagnosis
• Cancer bioinformatics
• Functional genomics
• Identification of the genes functions
• Epigenetics and DNA methylation
• Mining of functional genomics data
• Computational diagnostics with gene expression profiles
• Gene clustering for cancer diagnosis
• Clustering analysis for elucidating genomic functions
• Bioinformatics research in drug discovery
• Clinical bioinformatics in human proteomics research
• Bioinformatics analysis in cancer biomarker discovery
• Proteomics and cancer research
• Clinical applications for disease biomarkers
• Bioinformatics approach for finding target protein in infectious disease
• Identification of network biomarkers for cancer diagnosis
• Bioinformatics for identifying driver mutations in cancer
• Network based diagnosis of complex diseases
• Approaches for identify functional epigenetic drivers in cancer
• Approaches for identify cancer MicroRNA biomarkers
• Genomics and proteomics for clinical discovery
• Genomic applications
• Applications in clinical research
Researchers and practitioners are invited to submit on or before Jun 14, 2019, a chapter proposal of 1,000 to 2,000 words clearly explaining the mission and concerns of his or her proposed chapter. Authors will be notified by Jun 28, 2019 about the status of their proposals and sent chapter guidelines. Full chapters are expected to be submitted by July 28, 2019, and all interested authors must consult the guidelines for manuscript submissions at http://www.igi-global.com/publish/contributor-resources/before-you-write/ prior to submission. All submitted chapters will be reviewed on a double-blind review basis. Contributors may also be requested to serve as reviewers for this project.
Note: There are no submission or acceptance fees for manuscripts submitted to this book publication, Bioinformatics Methods and Computational Approaches for Disease Diagnosis. All manuscripts are accepted based on a double-blind peer review editorial process.
All proposals should be submitted through this link:
This book is scheduled to be published by IGI Global (formerly Idea Group Inc.), publisher of the "Information Science Reference" (formerly Idea Group Reference), "Medical Information Science Reference," "Business Science Reference," and "Engineering Science Reference" imprints. For additional information regarding the publisher, please visit www.igi-global.com. This publication is anticipated to be released in 2020.
Jun 14, 2019: Proposal Submission Deadline
Jun 28, 2019: Notification of Acceptance
July 28, 2019: Full Chapter Submission
September 10, 2019: Review Results Returned
October 22, 2019: Final Acceptance Notification
November 05, 2019: Final Chapter Submission