Organization: National Research Council of Italy- Insitute of Biometeorology
The event is addressed to scholars of Mediterranean coastal areas and it is proposed as a place to make known the research work carried out over the last few years on the subject of monitoring the Mediterranean, and an opportunity to present new proposals and promote actions to safeguard the marine and coastal environment.
Symposium addresses issues related to coastal areas of the Mediterranean and to search for technical solutions to problems related to: coastline morphology, flora & fauna of littoral system, ICZM, coastline geography & landscape,energy production, cultural heritage.
The Symposium will be organized into the following sessions:
- Flora and Fauna of the littoral system: dynamics and protection
- Morphology and evolution of coastlines and seabeds
- Coastline Geography and Coastal Landscapes: territorial dynamics and integrated protection
- Coastal Environmental Engineering: pollution, energy production, monitoring and economic environmental assessment
- Underwater and Coastal Cultural Heritage
Matteo De Vincenzi