Papers on The Literature of Diverse Ethnicites - A Multifaceted Interpretation (LITFEST'19 - An International Conference)
Organization: The Literary Seminary of Dr. MGR Educational And Research Institute
Event: LITFEST'19 - An International Conference
The Literary Seminary of Dr. MGR Educational and Research Institute is organizing LITFEST’19, an International Research Conference on the theme of “The Literature of Diverse Ethnicities – A Multifaceted Interpretation” on 18th, 19th and 20th September, 2019.
We cordially invite you to take part in the Conference. We have issued a call for papers and look forward to receiving your abstracts.
EMAIL US AT: email@example.com to submit your abstracts.
We also request you to share this letter with your academic circle. Papers may be submitted by Research Scholars, Faculty and Students (UG/PG).
1. Role of Culture and Society in literature of specific Ethnic groups with historicity
2. Culture and Identity of ethnocentrism in African-American, Indo-American, Indo-British Literature
3. Ethno-linguistic variants in various texts of Literature
4. Ethno-regional elements in the writings of Diasporic literature
5. Intrusion of Racial Studies in American Literature
6. A Study of themes and motivations in Dalit Literature
7. A Study of melodies and inspirations in the Literature from North-East India
8. A discursive study of Minorities in Indian English Literature
9. Theme of Epistemicide (destruction of culture) in Postcolonial literature
10. Loss of meaning and symbolism of ethnic elements due to translation
11. An Introspective study of the author using one of the five approaches (primordialism, essentialism, perennialism, constructivism, modernism and instrumentalism)
12. Preservation of Indigenous culture and language through literature
13. Representation of Cultural heritage and its hybridization in Ethnic literature
14. Migration studies in the context of changing global economy
Authors for Reference:
(Researchers may refer to any other as per their wish; these authors are for reference)
Amitav Ghosh, Arundhati Roy, Anand Neelkanthan, Jeet Thayil, Meenakshi Reddy Madhavan, Preeti Shenoy (all from India); Kamila Shamsie (Pakistan); Punyakante Wijenaike (Sri Lanka); Kaiser Hamidul Haq (Bangladesh); Susan Abulhawa (Palestine); Khaled Hosseini (Afghanistan); Badria Al-Bishr (Saudi Arabia); Lu Xun, Lao She (Chinese); Mary Paik Lee (Korea); Yukio Mishima (Japanese); Mariama Bâ, Nadine Gordimer (African); Jonathan Black, Reni Eddo-Lodge, Mark O’Connell (British); Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Maya Angelou, Toni Morrison, James Baldwin (African-American); Kazuo Ishiguro, Rupi Kaur, Zadie Smith (Mixed origin);
Address: Dr. M.G.R. Educational and Research Institute, Maduravoyal, Chennai, TamilNadu, India - 600095
Mr. Shahid Modi