Organization: University of Puerto Rico School of Architecture
informa is the peer-reviewed journal of the University of Puerto Rico School of Architecture. The journal publishes commissioned and peer-reviewed articles about architecture, urbanism, and spatial theory.
The upcoming issue of informa, ‘Urban Disruptors’, will act as a forum of critical explorations between the city and those who shape, mould, partake, and affect it. These may be: spaces, constructions, nature, paths, people, animals, behaviors, potholes, among others—disruptive forces sometimes unseen or overlooked. Notably, ‘Urban Disruptors’ also wishes to contemplate the role of marginalized agents—of others—within our built environments, inserting them within architectural discourse. We wish to bring both significant as well as seemingly trivial narratives, events, manifestations, or moments to the forefront of the issue, to counterpose how these disruptors relate to the routine of daily life in our cities. Issue 13—which centers on notions of disarray, interference, disturbance, interruption and disorder—gives a privileged position to the disruptors themselves within urban-based discussions, proposing them as the very agents and events which boldly challenge and resist the status quo.
We are inviting full, research paper submissions (4k-8k words) that explore urban settings and relate—but are not limited —to the following themes:
Democracy and Expression
Aesthetics and the Bizarre
Identity and Citizenship
Ethnicity and Belonging
Queerness and Otherness
Regulations and Policing
Spectacle and the Mundane
Chaos and Order
Forces of Nature
Submission Deadline: December 8, 2019
To submit, send full paper and supporting documents to Dr. Regner Ramos, Editor-in-Chief of informa: firstname.lastname@example.org
Texts may be submitted in English or Spanish. Abstracts and keywords will be published in languages. Authors must submit their abstract and keywords in both languages. In addition to abiding by the journal’s Editorial Policy, the following formal and thematic specifications must be met in order for articles to be published in informa:
1) The manuscript contains nothing that is abusive, defamatory, libelous, obscene, fraudulent, or illegal, and it must not be already published in any other publication nor submitted for publication elsewhere.
2) Each manuscript’s first page must include a full title and subtitle, if any.
3) For the purposes of blind refereeing, the full name of each author with current affiliation and full contact details plus short biographical note (listing affiliation, academic merits, relevant publications) should be sent as a separate document and not included in the manuscript itself.
4) The second page of the manuscript must include an abstract of 150-200 words along with a minimum of 5 and maximum of 10 key words.
5) The target word count is 4,000-8,000 words.
6) Submissions must be formatted according to the latest Chicago Manual of Style.
7) The manuscript must be clearly organized, with a logical hierarchy of headings and subheadings, and specifying images with figure numbers.
8) Quotations exceeding 40 words must be indented.
9) Endnotes should be signaled by superscript numbers in the main text and listed at the end of the text before the references.
10) All submissions must be sent as, both, Word and PDF documents.
11) Each author is responsible for obtaining necessary permissions to reproduce any copyrighted material, including images.
12) Authors should include a separate statement confirming that all authors have agreed to the submission and that the article is not currently being considered for publication by any other print or electronic journal.
13) Due to the broad range of subject matter, authors are also encouraged to separately supply the names of one or more potential referees. Please include those in a "Comments to the editor" document, and if possible please include potential referees' email addresses.
*Any questions should be directed to Dr. Regner Ramos, Editor-in-Chief of informa : regner.ramos[at]upr.edu .
Instagram Announcements: @informa.upr
Dr. Regner Ramos