Organization: Journal of Nationalism, Memory and Language Politics
CALL FOR PAPERS
General Call for Papers for 2020:
Journal of Nationalism, Memory & Language Politics
Submission Deadline: April 1, 2020
Journal of Nationalism, Memory & Language Politics is a peer-reviewed journal published by the Institute of Political Studies, Faculty of Social Sciences, Charles University in Prague.
It is committed to exploring divergent scholarly opinions, research and theories of current international academic experts, and is a forum for discussion and hopes to encourage free-thinking and debate among academics, young researchers and professionals over issues of importance to the politics of identity and memory as well as the political dimensions of language policy in the 20th and 21st centuries. The journal is indexed with and included in Google Scholar, EBSCO, CEEOL and SCOPUS.
We encourage research articles that employ qualitative or quantitative methodologies as well as empirical historical analyses regarding, but not limited to, the following issues:
• Trends in nationalist development, whether historical or contemporary.
• Policies regarding national and international institutions of memory as well as investigations into the creation and/or dissemination of cultural memory.
• The implementation and political repercussions of language policies in various regional and global contexts.
• The formation, cohesion and perseverance of national or regional identity along with the relationships between minority and majority populations.
• The role ethnicity plays in nationalism and national identity.
• How the issue of victimhood contributes to national or regional self-perception.
• Priority is given to issues pertaining to the 20th and 21st century political developments.
While our focus is on empirical articles, our scope remains open to exceptional theoretical works (especially if they incorporate empirical research), book reviews and translations.
Key Information: Articles must adhere to the journal’s editorial policy and formal guidelines. All manuscripts must undergo a double-blind peer review in line with ALPPI’s standards.
Please submit your articles through the journal’s Editorial Manager system:
For more information, please visit the journal’s website at: http://content.sciendo.com/jnmlp.