Conference Call for Papers - Entangled Im/Mobilities: Perspectives from the Humanities and Social Sciences
Organization: University of Vienna
The Research Platform Mobile Cultures and Societies at the University of Vienna is pleased to announce a Call for Papers for its conference "Entangled Im/Mobilities: Perspectives from the Humanities and Social Sciences", which will take place on 18–20 March 2021, hopefully with physical presence in Vienna, but with options for online participation.
The conference aims to encourage discussion on how entangled im/mobilities interact and are co-produced to reveal complex relations of meaning, shaped by geographic, cultural, and historical contexts. It seeks to bring together reflections from the humanities and the social sciences to celebrate the multifaceted field of mobilities research, expanding across and beyond disciplines, tackling topics ranging from im/mobilities resulting from climate change to cultural and literary representations of im/mobilities.
We invite proposals for the following thematic panels:
1. Entangled Inequalities: Intersectional Approaches towards Public Health Crises
2. "Points of Entanglement" in and beyond the Caribbean
3. Entangled Im/mobilities in Postcolonial African History
4. Of Other Mobilities. Entangled Embodiments and Narratives Between Mobilization and Immobilization
5. Mobility Justice? The Underrepresented Entanglement of Immobilities in Climate and Environmental Change
6. Open Panel: Topics not related to panel 1-5 that contribute to "Entangled Im/Mobilites"
We accept proposals in English and German for papers to be presented in panel format (a 20-minute presentation followed by a discussion) as well as artistic contributions (e.g. performance, poetry or short films). We especially encourage submissions from early-career scholars. The deadline for submissions is 30 September 2020.
More details on the topic, panels and submission procedure can be found in the detailed Call for Papers: https://mobilecultures.univie.ac.at/en/conference2021/.
We would be grateful if you could share the call for papers with anyone who might be interested. Should you have any conference-related questions, please write us at firstname.lastname@example.org.