Exodus: The Outward Movement of Venezuelans to the Americas and the Caribbean in the 21st Century (Call for Book Chapters)
Organization: The University of the West Indies, St. Augustine
Event: Call for Book Chapters
Exodus: The Outward Movement of Venezuelans to the Americas and the Caribbean in the 21st Century
Migration is a phenomenon that shifts with space and time and is an ageless human strategy to improve life based on the natural behaviour of human beings. The socio-economic emergency in Venezuela has led to the outflow of an estimated 3.4 million Venezuelans into neighbouring countries and beyond (UNHCR, 2018). Instructively, migration out of Venezuela in the 21st century is becoming increasingly prevalent as there are impacts and effects on host countries as well as on the migrants themselves. It is therefore key to understand this exponential migration out of Venezuela.
In light of this unprecedented migratory movement out of Venezuela, Dr. Wendell C. Wallace is presently under contract with The University of the West Indies Press to publish the edited book “Exodus: The Outward Movement of Venezuelans to the Americas and the Caribbean in the 21st Century.” The editor is in need of book chapter authors who are willing to author a chapter on ANY aspect of migration out of Venezuela that has been facilitated by the political and economic instability in that country and the subsequent outward migration into the Americas and the Caribbean in the 21st Century.
If you are interested in publishing your book chapter in this edited collective, please submit your abstract/proposal to Dr. Wendell C. Wallace at Wendell.Wallace@sta.uwi.edu no later than August 4th, 2020. The abstract/proposal must not exceed 250 words and should include the following: name of author(s), institutional affiliation(s), 4-6 keywords, and the email address of the corresponding author.
The key dates to keep in mind are as follows:
Submission of abstract/proposal: August 04, 2020.
Notification of acceptance/rejection: August 06, 2020.
Submission of first draft: April 15, 2021 (no exceptions).
Submission of final Draft: July 15, 2021.
Key points about the proposed book:
1. Each book chapter should contain no more than three tables/figures/photographs/maps.
2. Each book chapter should begin with an abstract of no more than 250 words and 4-6 keywords.
3. Date of book publication is November, 2021.
4. Book chapters should not exceed 8,000 words including abstract, tables and figures.
5. A biography of each book chapter author should be provided with the submission of the first draft of the chapter (no more than 125 words).
6. Maps, tables and figures should not be in colour format.
7. British spelling should be used (z).
8. The Chicago Manual of Style (16th Edition) should be used for in-text citations and references.
9. The usual peer-review process will be used to review each submitted book chapter.
10. Submission of a book chapter does not constitute acceptance by the author/publisher to publish the work.
Please address questions or concerns to Dr. Wendell C. Wallace at Wendell.Wallace@sta.uwi.edu.
Wendell C. Wallace