Call for Papers
Iranian Journal of Islamic inquiries
Islamic Inquiries is a multidisciplinary publication devoted to the examination of all aspects of Islam and the Islamic world. This journal primarily seeks to help promote mutual understanding and dialogue among the Islamic Denominations so as to prepare the ground for peaceful coexistence and friendship among Muslims all around the world.
Editor-in-Chief: Seyyed Abolhasan Navvab
Managing Editor: Hamed Fayazi, Ph.D. Candidate in Imamiyyah Kalam, University of Tehran
- Matthew Melvin-Koushki, Assistant Professor of Early Modern Islamic Intellectual and Cultural History, Occult Sciences, University of South Carolina
- Sajjad Rizvi, Associate Professor of Islamic Intellectual History and Islamic Studies, University of Exeter
- Ahmad Najib Burhani, Senior Researcher, the Research Center for Society and Culture, Indonesian Institute of Sciences (LIPI)
- Andrew J. Newman, Professor of Islamic and Middle Eastern Studies, University of Edinburgh
- Mohammad Samiei, Associate Professor of Islamic Studies, University of Tehran
- Joseph Progler, Professor of Culture, Society, and Media, College of Asia Pacific Studies
This journal is published by the University of Religions and Denominations, the first specialized university in the field of religions and denominations in Iran, which aims to obtain knowledge of religions and denominations and strives for interactions and dialogues with their followers based on common beliefs.
The journal will also submit applications for Web of Science and Scopus after its first two volumes get published.
We hereby invite papers on the following topics:
- The history of Islamic culture and civilization
- Islamic theology and philosophy
- Islamic mysticism and ethics
- Quranic studies and commentary
- Hadith, Jurisprudence and principles
- Islam and the modern world
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.is.urd.ac.ir by registering and logging in to the website.
Manuscripts submitted to this journal will be deemed as they have not been published and are not under consideration for publication elsewhere. The journal welcomes the submission of manuscripts that meet the criteria of scholarly excellence. Our review process allows the authors and researchers an opportunity to use their expertise in a number of significant ways. Please note that IJII uses Crossref™ to screen papers for unoriginal material. By submitting your paper to this journal, you are agreeing to originality checks during the peer-review and production processes.