THE GLOCAL COMELA 2021 - THE GLOCAL CONFERENCE ON MEDITERRANEAN AND EUROPEAN LINGUISTIC ANTHROPOLOGY 2021
National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Athens, Greece.
Organization: SOAS, University of London
- The GLOCAL COMELA 2021 (SCOPUS / ISI indexed) is the annual conference / workshops and lectures on the Linguistic Anthropology, The Sociolinguistics, and the Language and Society, of Europe and The Mediterranean.
- SOAS (University of London), University College London, University of Bologna, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Temple University, University College Dublin, University of Groningen, University of Bucharest, Polytechnic University of Valencia, Stockholm University, University of Hawai’i at Manoa
- and over 120 other global universities
- National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Athens, Greece.
- July 21-24, 2021
- General Papers
- Colloquia (including 10 national Greek Universities presenting individual Colloquia)
- Workshops / lectures on research and publishing methodology, and on ethnography, by globally prominent academics (including ELAR SOAS) and publishing companies
- Special Panel – Anthropological Association of Greece
- Special Panel – Ethnographic society of Greece
- Keynotes: Jan Blommaert (Tilburg University), Alexandra Georgakopoulou (Kings College London), Dimitris Dalakoglou (Vrije University)
- Publishing companies
- Endangered Alphabets Atlas
- Local and International Ethnographical Association
- Demonstration by the Anthropological Whistle community from Evia, Greece.
- Cultural performance by the globally renowned Likeion Ellinithon Dance troupe.
- Meteora Monastery, Greece
- Diminitsa Anthropological Village, Greece
- The GLOCAL COMELA 2021 abstract submission deadline has been extended to March 10, 2021, due to the COVID-19 issue (notification within 2 weeks). Submit at the following link, with all information. https://comela2021.uoa.gr
- Bounded Languages ... Unbounded: The GLOCAL COMELA 2021 invites work on the shifting boundedness of Language Communities of The Mediterranean and Europe. Submissions should acknowledge and describe processes of language shape, change, and ideology, pertinent to social, cultural, and political histories and futures, of Mediterranean and European regions, or work by those working in Mediterranean and European regions.
For full Scientific Committee, see: https://comela2021.uoa.gr/sc-committee/
- Conference proceedings (ISI / AHCI indexed)
- Several special Top Tier (Scopus/ISI /ACHI /SSCI) journal issues and monographs are planned with well ranked publications and publishers only, from papers submitted to The GLOCAL COMELA 2021 that meet review requirements. Ample assistance is provided to revise papers.
The GLOCAL COMELA 2021 believes that by July, the COVID-19 issues will be well behind us, but will maintain very strict sanitary regulations throughout the conference,
Ms Anastasia Tsantes
SOAS, University of London
Submission link: https://comela2021.uoa.gr/submit
Ms Anastasia Tsantes