[Call for Chapters] Confronting Challenges, Conflicts & Crises (4C) in Managing Businesses: Roadmap of Sustenance to Excellence by Conquering Adversities
This book is part of the Management Innovations Series and seeks to include quality works putting light on managing businesses, especially in the uncertain business environment.
Dr. Vaishali Rahate, Associate Professor, Datta Meghe Institute of Management Studies, Nagpur, India.
Dr. Sudipto Bhattacharya, Professor, VIT Business School, VIT University, Vellore Campus, Tamil Nadu, India.
Quality unpublished works as chapters are invited to the book. The chapters should strictly be according to the coverage scope of the book.
Coverage & Objectives of the Book
In recent past, the economic recession, several natural calamities, the Covid pandemic, conflict among nations and so on has brought many impediments to the global business ecosystem. These roadblocks have challenged the aspirations of the entrepreneurial minds of people across race, region, religion and other demographics. Lots of changes have taken place within a short span of time. Market reluctance and Financial stress, Global warming, Climate change and Unpredictable monsoon, Remote working, virtual meetings and online education along with healthcare issues and restrictions on mobility, ushered in the new normal. Despite these constraints, there were various industries that smelled the cheese and swapped the crisis to opportunity. They opened doors and embraced new opportunities across various sectors of economies world-wide. They were enabled with the all-pervasive World Wide Web and new technologies for the living world. These crises forced everyone to unlearn and relearn, work and adapt to the dynamics of changes in the emergent environment of interplays among the PESTLE (Political, Economic, Social, Technological, Legal and Environmental) factors to survive and surge ahead. It is now realised by the business world that in the post Covid era, they should make themselves more strong and capable by redesigning their business model canvas. Though the task is confronted with multiple challenges in the new normal, the companies who adapt to the innovative approaches are destined to survive and succeed. The readers of the book will get several insights into the strategies adopted by the companies during these testing times of crisis along with the new business models adopted by the organisations. Moreover, the contents will be directed towards the impact of these times of adversities on the behaviour of the employees, entrepreneurs, business leaders and managers and above all the market.
Following topics do cover the intent of the book and the works (chapters) should strictly address one or more of these topics:
Crisis happens or made to happen;
Moving ahead: Learnings from the crisis;
Strategies for manufacturing under constraints;
Technology as the saviour when challenged for survival;
Business Foresight and Forecast: Panacea or Prevention;
Aligning businesses from Millennium Development Goals to Sustainable Development Goals;
Bulls and Bears: The Rags to Rich dreamers and destinies;
The Rain man: Silver linings on the clouds of dark economy;
Redesigning the Triple Bottom Lines: Planet, People & Profit;
From Nowhere to Somewhere: Start-up to Scale up to Scale out;
Towards a new industrial revolution-Strategies for today and tomorrow;
The Hundred years cycle: Pandemic Stimuli that evens out market differences;
Nature of Crisis: Natural to Man-made, Critical to Fatal for Man, Material and Money;
From Competition to Collaboration: Dependence, Independence to Interdependence.
Chapter abstract submission: July 31, 2021
Full chapter submission: September 30, 2021
Acceptance/Rejection/Changes: October 31, 2021
Revised chapter submission: November 30, 2021
Book Publication: January-February, 2022
Detailed call for chapters and relevant editorial guidelines are available at https://link.csmflpublications.com/CFP-4Cmgt
- The abstract should ideally be of upto 1000 words clearly explaining what you intend to contribute to the book and how your chapter will be compliant with the main theme of the book. The abstract should also be accompanied by 3-5 keywords that may help in identifying the focus areas of the chapter and must include complete affiliation details of the author.
- Only those authors will be invited to submit their full-text chapters whose chapter abstracts/proposals are accepted by the book’s editors.
- There is NO chapter submission/processing or publishing charge. The book accepts chapters free of any APC/fee.
- All full-text chapters will be reviewed by chapter reviewers (peer-reviewers) before acceptance by the book editor. The chapters will be reviewed using a double peer review system.
- The editorial (editor’s) decision of accepting or rejecting a chapter shall be final. The book editor has all the editorial freedoms pertaining to the content quality of the book and the publisher doesn’t interfere in any editorial decision taken by the editor pertaining to the acceptance/rejection of any work for the book.