Organization: Air & Waste Management Association
Held in Oakland, CA on April 6-7, 2022, this conference will explore many solutions to reduce the environmental impacts of all freight transportation, focusing on air quality, noise, climate change and sustainability. The planning committee is seeking abstracts for platform presentations and panel sessions on environmental challenges, issues, and solutions for all types of ports—marine, rail, air cargo, and truck.
Suggested topics include:
Sustainability & Climate Change
- Climate Change and Impact Assessments from Freight Operations
- Sustainability Practices for Freight and Freight Facilities
- Alternative Fuels and Electrification at Freight Facilities
- Autonomous and Connected Vessels/Vehicles/Unmanned Aircraft Systems in Freight Operations
Impact of Freight Operations
- Air Quality Measurements from Freight Operations
- Emission and Dispersion Modeling of Freight Operations
- Noise Issues at Freight Facilities
- Data Collection and Analysis for Freight Facilities
Mitigation, Health, and Environmental Justice Considerations
- Mitigating Community Impacts, Environmental Justice Considerations for Freight Facilities
- Strategies for Reducing Emissions from Freight Operations
- Mitigating Noise from Freight Facilities
- Risk Assessment of Freight Operations
Please submit abstracts of 300 words or less by October 29, 2021 to email@example.com, and include the primary author’s contact information and affiliation.
Find the full Call for Abstracts and conference details at www.awma.org/ports.