Organization: Exclamat!on Journal
Call for Abstracts 2022
Postgraduate submissions are now being sought for the sixth issue of Exclamat!on, to be published in the summer of 2022. The focus for this sixth issue is ‘Dreams, Visions, and Mindscapes’, and we welcome English Literature, Film Studies, or Creative Writing responses that engage with any aspect and interpretation of this theme.
Topics of interest might include, but are not restricted to:
· Positive Psychology and Human Flourishing
· History of Mental Health Care
· Psychoanalysis and the Interpretation of Dreams
· Hypnosis, Mesmerism, and the Unconscious
· Past, Present, and Future
· Predictions, Omens, and Portents
· Occult, Horror and the Supernatural
· Bioengineering and Biopolitics
· Dystopias and Eutopias
· Science and Belief
· Future-planning, Future-proof Technology, Futures Markets
We would be delighted to consider long English Lit or Film Studies articles (5,000-8,000 words), short articles (3,000-5,000 words), short stories (3,000-5,000 words including critical commentary), and poetry (up to 100 lines + critical commentary).
All submissions must be the original, previously unpublished, work of the author and must adhere to the following:
· Authors must be enrolled on a Postgraduate programme of study.
· All word limits must include footnotes and bibliography
· Submissions must have permission for the use of images.
· References must use MHRA referencing (www.mhra.org.uk/style)
· Submissions should be in 12 point Times New Roman and single spaced.
· Submissions should use British spelling; alternative forms are permissible in direct quotations.
Submissions along with a 100-word biography should be sent to:
Please also address any queries to this email address.
The deadline for submissions is 31st January 2022.
We are also keen to hear from anyone interested in acting as peer reviewer for the journal. Please email us at the above address with details regarding your discipline and specialism.
Find out more at: https://humanities.exeter.ac.uk/english/research/publications/exclamation/
Or follow us at: https://twitter.com/ExclamationAIJ