Kodolányi János University Orosháza Campus
Organization: Kodolányi János University
Event: Part of 30th Anniversary of Kodolányi János University (Hungary)
Global Englishes is a paradigm which reflects the way in which English had expanded and transcended its original nature and role in the world and is finding its expression in the arts in multiple and diverse incarnations. Global Englishes extends its scope of research in the fields of education, science and business, it encompasses a broad range of topics. Research in any area is welcome.
As part of Kodolányi János University’s 30th anniversary celebrations, the Department of English Language and Literature invites abstracts in the following topics:
· Global Englishes in all walks of life (the media, business, science, culture, and literature)
· Language learning and language teaching from a globalized perspective
· Language assessment
· Translingual practices (translanguaging, code-switching) in multilingual communities and classrooms
· English as a lingua franca (ELF)
· Form and function in Global Englishes
· Functional and cognitive approaches
· Global Englishes from a historical perspective
· Global Englishes and translation
· Power and inequality
· Transcultural identities in literatures in English
· The hybridisation of identity and its impact on the concept of tradition
· Myths, archetypes and cultural identities/hybrids in literature in English
Researchers are invited to submit a short bio (100-150 words) and an abstract of their paper on original and unpublished research work covering these topics for presentation by December 15, 2021 on the page https://forms.gle/UKDgxDL5znGLCqq39. Abstracts should be written in English and should not exceed 200-250 words excluding the title and keywords. Please follow the Guidelines for abstracts, given on the following webpage: http://www.freesideeurope.com/submissions.
A conference volume will be published online in Freeside Europe Online Academic Journal.
Papers submitted will be peer-reviewed and evaluated for their originality, language perspective, correctness, relevance of topic, and presentation quality. Manuscripts must be 5000-7000 words long.
The fee for participation in the conference is 85 EUR.
Considering the unpredictable nature of the pandemic, we are planning the conference onsite at our Orosháza Campus, however for those unable to travel due to restrictions the conference is planned to be a hybrid one, both offline and online. Any questions might be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking forward to your personal participation and contribution.