Organization: Houston Christian University
The inaugural Christianity and Culture Conference at Houston Christian University (formerly Houston Baptist University) seeks to highlight the importance of the Family in the Western Tradition by exploring the different representations, significations, and roles of the Family. The conference will provide a cross-disciplinary venue to consider the past and future importance of the Family, particularly from a Christian perspective, that is evident in literature, philosophy, history, science, art, and religion.
Proposals may include academic papers/presentations from a variety of liberal arts and social sciences, as well as creative presentations (e.g. artwork, poetry readings, etc.) that illustrate the importance of the Family. Proposals emphasizing cross-disciplinarity are particularly encouraged.
Topics for proposals may include:
- Representations of the Family in literature and art
- Changes to the notion of the Family over time
- The Family and religious practice
- Religious beliefs and Family values
- Cultural and sociological changes to the Family
- Philosophical issues related to the Family
- Comparative studies of the Family
Proposals from graduate and undergraduate students are welcome. Deadline for proposals is December 16, 2022. Proposal abstracts should be 200-300 words. Please email submissions and questions to Dr. David Davis: email@example.com.
David J. Davis