Culture and Dialogue Call for Guest Edited Special Issue 12.2
Organization: International Research Group for Culture and Dialogue
Culture and Dialogue
An international peer reviewed print and electronic journal
of cross-cultural philosophy and humanities
Honorary Member: Tzvetan Todorov 1939-2017
Editor in Chief: Gerald Cipriani National Central University, Taiwan
UNESCO, Comparative Studies of Spiritual Traditions, their
Specific Cultures and Interreligious Dialogue
Editor: Martin Ovens University of Oxford (UK)
Associate Editor: Loni Reynolds University of Roehampton (UK)
Manuscript Editor Kaitlin Sager Tulane University (USA)
Book Review Editor: Robert Clarke Lancaster University (UK)
Call for Guest Edited Special Issue
Culture and Dialogue provides a forum for researchers from philosophy as well as other disciplines who study cultural
formations dialogically, through comparative analysis, or within the tradition of hermeneutics. The journal publishes one
volume of two issues each year. The first issue welcomes manuscripts that consider the arts and cultures of the dialogue,
namely the broad theme of “Culture and Dialogue” in all its forms, from all perspectives, and through all methods. The
second issue seeks to bring manuscripts together with a common denominator such as “Philosophy and the Dialogue,”
“Art in Conversation,” “Comparing Cultures,” or “Dialogical Ethics.”
WE WELCOME PROPOSALS FOR GUEST EDITING SPECIAL ISSUE 12.2 TO BE PUBLISHED IN 2024.
Other examples of topics that fall within the scope of the journal:
• Dialogical encounters: theories and practices
• Cultures of sameness and otherness from a variety of perspectives (Eastern, African, Western, Indian etc.)
• Reflections on cross-cultural formations within a particular field (philosophical, artistic, anthropological, social,
religious, political, psychological, scientific etc.)
• The idea of interculturality from within the traditions of interpretive or analytic philosophies
Examples of previous Special Issues:
• “French Thought in Dialogue”
• “Confucianism: Comparisons and Controversies”
• “African Thought and Dialogue”
• “Dialogue and Globalisation”
If you are interested in guest editing a special issue with us, please send a brief proposal + academic CV to email@example.com.
The Guest Editor(s) will be responsible for the entire editorial process of the Special Issue.
The submission deadline for proposals remains open until we reach an agreement.
We are looking forward to receiving your proposals!