CALL FOR PAPERS: “Climate Change Law in India” - Special Edition for Climate Law (Indexed in SCOPUS and Web of Science) (No)
Organization: Climate Law
CALL FOR PAPERS: “Climate Change Law in India” - Special Edition for Climate Law (Indexed in SCOPUS and Web of Science)
The journal Climate Law, published by Brill/Nijhoff, is the world’s leading journal on climate change and the law. It is indexed in SCOPUS and Web of Science and listed as a Q1 journal in Scimago.
The journal is preparing a special issue on climate change law in India. For this special issue of the journal, we are encouraging Indian researchers to write about topics of climate law in their country that are of interest to an international audience. India can play a major role in combating climate change globally and in the region, setting an example for the other developing economies. We welcome proposals on all law-related topics about climate change, including:
· mitigation law—that is, law aimed at reducing India’s greenhouse gas emissions, in the context of a just transition and energy justice, and taking into account life-cycle analysis;
· adaptation law—law aimed at anticipating or preventing damage from climate change or remedying damage already incurred, including ecosystem-based approaches and such issues as relocation of people from low-lying areas affected by sea-level rise, and rewilding;
· legislative and judicial interventions relating to mitigation and adaptation;
· constraints on the development of climate law in India due to, for example, conflict between economic development and environmental protection, food-security concerns, prioritization of poverty alleviation, technology issues, IP law, international trade law, the influence of special-interest groups (including pro-coal interests), or weakness in the rule of law;
· India’s contribution to the development of international climate change law, including its role in regional organizations to address climate change.
Please email your abstract to Professor Bhardwaj <email@example.com>, copied to Professor Zahar <firstname.lastname@example.org>, by 30 September 2023.
Professor Chhaya Bhardwaj - Associate Professor and Assistant Director of the Center for Environmental Law and Climate Change, Jindal Global Law School, O. P. Jindal Global University, India
Professor Alexander Zahar - Southwest University of Political Science and Law, and China-ASEAN Legal Research Center, Chongqing, China; and Macquarie Law School, Sydney, Australia
Associate Editor Harsh Mahaseth - Assistant Professor and Assistant Dean (Academic Affairs), Jindal Global Law School, O. P. Jindal Global University, India
#ClimateChangeLaw #ClimateLaw #CallforPapers #EnvironmentalLaw #ClimateAction #Sustainability #ClimatePolicy #India #ClimateChange
https://www.linkedin.com/ posts/harsh-mahaseth- 184a12120_climatechangelaw- climatelaw-callforpapers- activity-7064558460012478464- aKi7?utm_source=share&utm_ medium=member_desktop