Call for Papers
General Issue of the Journal of New Zealand Literature Te Hautaka M?t?tuhi o Aotearoa 39 (2024)
Editors: Dr Erin Mercer and Assoc. Prof. Robert Sullivan
The Journal of New Zealand Literature Te Hautaka M?t?tuhi o Aotearoa is the only international, fully peer-reviewed journal devoted to New Zealand literary studies and it welcomes the submission of papers (4000-5000 words) on any aspect of New Zealand literature.
Topics can include, but are not limited to:
· M?ori poetics
· Contemporary Aotearoa New Zealand poetry
· Contemporary Aotearoa New Zealand fiction
· Settler writing in Aotearoa New Zealand
· Aotearoa New Zealand Gothic literature
· Cultural identity and literature in Aotearoa New Zealand
· Aotearoa New Zealand LGBTQI+ and Takat?pui Literature
· Pacific literatures in English
· M?ori literature in English
· Intertextuality and hybridities in Aotearoa New Zealand literature
· Genre in Aotearoa New Zealand literature
· Regionalities and geographies in Aotearoa New Zealand literature
· Decolonising literary studies in Aotearoa New Zealand
· Aotearoa New Zealand speculative fiction
Deadline for submission of papers is 15 January 2024.
Please email submissions to Dr Erin Mercer at: email@example.com or Dr Robert Sullivan at firstname.lastname@example.org.